Sunday, September 02, 2007

RAKSHABANDHAN DAY....

RAKSHA BANDHAN it’s a special day for brothers and sisters. On this day sisters tie rakhi on their brothers wrist to cement their bond of love, and brothers in turn vow to protect and cherish their sisters for the rest of their life.


I had posted about my Raksha bandhan day last year in my post you can read about it here.



THE PUJA THALI RAKHI


GANAPATI RAKHI


This year RAKSHABANDHAN was on 28th August and my brother was working on Rakshabandhan day as usual. So, he came a day earlier, stayed overnight so that I could tie him a Rakhi before he left for office on the RAKSHA BANDHAN DAY. This is also what he did last year (Blogging helps you keep so many memories alive for ever).
I don’t like big Rakhi’s ,as I feel delicate ones look good on my brother’s hand, This time I wanted to get something different i.e. which looked a bit different but had to be nice too as he was going to wear them to office and hence it would be seen by many of his office colleagues. I tie two Rakhi’s one for my sister who is not in India.
You will see that there are two Rakhis, the ganapati Rakhi is mine and the other one is an interesting Rakhi with a puja thali on it. It has a coconut, a ladoo and haldi-kumkum on it.
I liked it as soon as I saw it and that was the first Rakhi I set my eyes on as I entered a Rakhi shop .

6 comments:

Rajitha said...

Mahek..those rakhis are adorable!

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

I said your brother is a lucky one to have a sister like you.

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

Are you able to read my post in marathi on your pc ?
Downloading small software from www.baraha.com will be of great help. Lots and lots of persons are nowadays writting blogs in marathi using baraha. In fact then you can write in any of the Indian language. There are many good food blogs in marathi.

Sharmi said...

the pooja thali one looks so cute!! lovely. belated wishes.

Mahek said...

hi
friends thanks for visiting me
Isnt the rakhi cute , when i saw it in the shop i knew i had to pick it up.
Harekrishnaji
thanks for the compliment!!!

John said...

Raksha Bandhan is coming soon. In India People are eagarly waits for this festival. In other country of world where Indians are lives they send rakhi to india to their brother and send rakhi gifts to india to thier sister and loved one.