I have a friend who is a pure vegetarian girl, they never even cook an egg in their home i.e. her mom in law has never ever touched an egg.
But funny as it is her son once tasted an egg masala toast quite accidentally from his friends tiffin box and he was hooked , He just loved the taste of the egg preparation and he insisted that his mother learn it and make it for him, and as no mother would be able to
Ignore her child’s plea, she did learn to make it for her son and makes it regularly only for him as all the other members are pure veg…..
She is a very dear friend of mine and hence this dish is very special for me ….
1. Take a shallow dish and beat in two eggs till light and fluffy, add salt, chilli powder or finely chopped green chilies), haldi powder and finely chopped coriander to the mixture.
2. There is one extra ingredient which I add and that’s cheese, my son loves cheese and loves to have it wherever possible and so in goes my cheese too.
3. Dip the slices of bread cut into the required shape into the above mixture , do not leave the slices in the mixture or it will soak up the whole mixture and then break , so dip it for just long enough for it to soak up the egg mixture.
4. Take a hot griddle and add a little butter to it. Place the slices on the hot griddle and let them roast till nice and brown.
5. Serve hot with tomato ketchup
EASY AND SIMPLE EGG MASALA TOAST