Tuesday, October 01, 2013

TISRYACHE DANGAR ( clams cutlet)



This is an extremely tasty appetizer.. very unique and you won’t find it being cooked in many households and the reason I think is that the cleaning of the clams is a tedious process which takes time and patience.


I first tasted it at my sister in laws house … My mom had never cooked this so it was a new dish for me. I love tasting new stuff and that is so contrary to my nature as when I was growing I would never ever taste anything new, I would stick to the regular so that I don’t have to experiment with new tastes. Even when we went to restaurants I had my fixed dishes for each restaurant which I would taste.  Look at me now; I am always ready to try something new.



My sister in law loves to cook and I must say is a pretty good cook. She made this for her birthday party for the first time and since then it’s a regular at all our family get together's. This is served as an appetizer .
I love this dish for its simplicity, the only difficult part being the removal of the flesh of the clams from it shell which is very time consuming.
If you do get this clam flesh ready and removed it is the easiest and tastiest dish one can make. 
We go to the fish market to get the clams, clean them well, and then have to open each and every clam at the center to remove the flesh.


SO HERE IS THE RECIPE FOR CLAMS CUTLET.

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup clams flesh
1 cup freshly grated coconut
½ cup onions finely chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped (this is optional)
2 tsps chili powder
1 tsp turmeric or haldi powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
Pulp of a little tamarind soaked in warm water
Finely chopped coriander leaves
Rice flour just enough to bring all the ingredients together to form a cutlet.
You can add a little besan or chick pea flour too but this is optional
Salt to taste.


METHOD:

The procedure is very simple, Jut mix together al l the above ingredients in a bowl, add just enough rice flour that the mixture comes together and can be molded into a cutlet.
Take oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the cutlets till they are nice and crisp on the top.







No comments: