Tuesday, April 14, 2009

MANGO SEASON IS HERE......


MANGO is a fruit which is much awaited the whole year round....

WATI FULL OF THICK MANGO AMRAS (PUREE)

I haven’t met anyone as yet who says that he does not like mangoes , and so as soon as you see mangoes in the market you want to be the one to get the first ones (sigh*****) they are so expensive that each piece you have seems that you are eating a precious morsel.


WHEAT FLOUR PURIS
To tell you frankly I don’t go crazy over a mango, off course!!! I like eating a mango but it’s a "like".
I did not say love, but my family and especially my hubby loves mangoes and loves to see a pile of these waiting to be devoured. He loves to go to shop for the best fruit of the season (he is not the type who normally goes out to the market to buy fruits or vegetables; I am the one who is in charge of this job.)


AMRAS PURI
Our mango season starts with amras or mango juice actually a puree which is made by churning the flesh with a little sugar, a little milk and elaichi powder.
This is the most preferred sweet in most of the houses in Maharashtra. During the mango season, you will find mango shrikand too, which is a very also a very popular sweet (it is easily available and can be made at home too; I will be blogging about this in the future). I have never made shrikand at home I have the store bought one.
One more thing that you will find very regularly in my house during this season
And that’s a mango milk shake or a mango smoothie, my son loves to have a mango in this form more than anything else, so I usually make him a glass when he comes back from his classes I try to do some variations each time and I feel that they are as tasty every single time.
Here are the variations that I have tried and loved,
1. MANGO, MILK CHURN TOGETHER
2. MANGO, MILK, VANILLA ICECREAM CHURNED TOGETHER.
3. MANGO, YOGURT CHURNED TOGETHER.
4. MANGO, VANILLA ICECREAM SERVED WITH FRESH PIECES OF MANGO.


I would love if my blogger friends, who have read this post would give me some more suggestions as to what one can make with this wonderful fruit called MANGO







No comments: