Sunday, September 12, 2010

FOOD FOR THE DAY...


I spent a lovely weekend at Pune a place which is about 3 hours drive from the place I live (Mumbai).
Its Ganesh chaturti now , its a Hindu festival , for details you can read here.


I have my aunt staying in Pune whose new House I havent visited and so we felt that this was the best time for us  to visit her and also enjoy the festivities of that place.
This food thali was what I cooked the day before I left for Pune, I wanted it to be simple as I did not have much time as lots of things had to be done and things had to be packed.
Mumbai being a big metro city everything that we need to cook a certain type of meal is always available which is not so in Pune. So my aunt had her list of things that she would like to get and so I had a lot of shopping to be done and so...this above meal
white vatana tonak or wet curry vegetable 
varan or toovar dal
chapati, rice , curds etc....
I will make a separate post for the recipes as and when I get the time...

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That meal looks delicious and very healthy!

Cheers,

Rosa

HAREKRISHNAJI said...

Pune, Varan Bhat and metkut.

jyotsna said...

hi just visitedur blog. its awesome. keep it up!!!! your pickwick biscuits really took me down to my childhood. i loved the strawberry cream ones. i am a chitrapur saraswat and ur food is similar to ours.if u have recipe for amtipitti pls post it soon. take care.jyotsna