Sunday, September 12, 2010

PICWICK BISCUIT.....

Childhood normally is filled with so many things that seem very ordinary then  but become quite a special once we grow, think back on them and associate them with a person or an event....


I have a wonderful memory associated with this above PICWICK BISCUIT  which is still available in the Indian market .
This biscuit which is a wafer cream biscuit and its quite yummy to taste , It is a biscuit loved my brother and sister along with me...
My father normally got a small pack for us which was devoured up hastily as soon as it was opened.
My fathers older brother who was a bachelor visited us very often and treated us very affectionately . He loved to give us things that we all truly loved but was not very easily available to us...


These biscuits were quite expensive compared to the other biscuits but I appreciate that my father always got us a packet every month , we always got our share but still longed for more (you know how kids are, never
satisfied with what they like and have).
One day came my dear uncle on his regular visits and heard us talk about how much we love this biscuit and discussing  among ourselves  about who likes which cream flavor the best . (we were all under the age of 10),
On a ploy of going on a walk he took us along with him to our grocery shop , there he purchased for us each the Picwick biscuit packet of our choice and that too the largest packet available in India  (FAVORITE BISCUIT WITH A CREAM FILLING OF CHOICE) what more could a child's young heart ask for...
I still remember the pleasure I felt when I held the biscuit packet close to my heart ( I remember catching it very tenderly afraid that a little hard grip or hold might crush those delicate biscuit to bits).


I still remember the three of us sitting on our bed and munching on those beauties, storing away the leftovers in a proper airtight jar provided by my mom (these biscuits tend to absorb the moisture in the air and become soft and loose their taste). I can feel the longing of wanting to come home to eat those biscuits once again sitting with my siblings and laughing at each others jokes.

I will always remember my Uncle for giving us that little pleasure on that evening and my memories of him become more touching and warm.
Can any other material thing provide you with such pleasure which is so innocent and so pure and which as adults we loose out on ?? . We try to search for pleasure in wrong things and things that are complicated. So why not be a child again and experience pleasure in simple things of life , things that don't need much money just that  little soft heart beating ....