My recipe for bhendi masala is simple and a goan recipe
Bhendi is one vegetable, which I do not eat, as I do not like the slimy feel after it is cooked but it is a favorite vegetable in my family.
I make bhendi in 4 different ways, I would like to share this recipe as it’s a bit different from the ones which is regularly made as the others are common recipes which you might find in every persons house.
300 gms bhendi
½ cup grated coconut
¼ tsp garam masala powder,
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp haldi powder
Mustard, hing, curryleaves, three green chilies for bagar
Little jaggery to balance taste
· Clean and cut bhendi sideways
· Take oil in a pan. When it gets hot, add mustard seeds after they crackle add hing, curryleaves and green chilies.
· Add the bhendi, which has been cut, to it, add a little water cook.
· Grind together grated coconut, garammasala, chili powder, haldi powder,
· Grind until fine.
· Check the bhendi when cooked pour the ground paste into the bhendi
· Let it cook
· Your bhendi masala goans style, its ready to be enjoyed!!!!!!!!.