Monday, July 24, 2006

BHENDI MASALA....

Hi
My recipe for bhendi masala is simple and a goan recipe
Bhendi is one vegetable, which I do not eat, as I do not like the slimy feel after it is cooked but it is a favorite vegetable in my family.
I make bhendi in 4 different ways, I would like to share this recipe as it’s a bit different from the ones which is regularly made as the others are common recipes which you might find in every persons house.

ING:
300 gms bhendi
½ cup grated coconut
¼ tsp garam masala powder,
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp haldi powder
Mustard, hing, curryleaves, three green chilies for bagar
Oil
Little jaggery to balance taste



METHOD

· Clean and cut bhendi sideways
· Take oil in a pan. When it gets hot, add mustard seeds after they crackle add hing, curryleaves and green chilies.
· Add the bhendi, which has been cut, to it, add a little water cook.
· Grind together grated coconut, garammasala, chili powder, haldi powder,
· Grind until fine.
· Check the bhendi when cooked pour the ground paste into the bhendi
· Let it cook
· Your bhendi masala goans style, its ready to be enjoyed!!!!!!!!.


4 comments:

Puspha said...

Looks good.

shilpa said...

I guess this is what is similar to 'bhende sangle' but only difference is we dont use the garam masala and use fried urad daal/coriander seeds. I will try your version it looks yummy. I love anything made of bhindi :). Thanks for sharing.

mani said...

I dont like bindi in a curry.

My son and husband enjoy fried bindi with suka masala like haldi, coriander jeera and amchur powder. an alternative is to make the bhindi in Onion and tomato masala with ginger, curry patta and coriander yummy

and no stickyness

regards
mani

yumyum said...

I remember this curry I used to wonder why bhendi instead of sungta? LOL ya i dont like it and remember it as a part of shivrak on mondays wonder why when the curry reminds you of sungta swimming in it :)